Monday, April 19, 2010

Competition number 2!

Today's posting deals with the second of my anagram competitions for readers of this blog. The last competition dealt with words connected to the writings of Jules Verne, and you may remember that the winner was Mr Kirk Bevins of York, U.K. This new competition is open to anybody to enter, but it may be of particular interest to fellow Translation Studies scholars, as you shall see...

Please unscramble the following jumbled words, to come up with ten words which are all terms in Translation Studies. No clues are provided this time round, as i'm deliberately seeking to up the ante. The prize for the first set of completely correct answers e-mailed to me at the address in the next paragraph, will be the 1994 revised translation of Around the World in Eighty Days by Jacqueline Rogers.

Solutions, with your name and postal address, should be e-mailed to me at kieran.odriscoll3@mail.dcu.ie before the closing date of 12 noon on Monday, 3rd May, 2010.

  1. A R T E S A T L N
  2. E N I E R N D R G
  3. H E M I E L B S L
  4. L A X E E C I P T
  5. V A N I R E T O M
  6. T A U S A C N O I
  7. C I S A U T L A Y
  8. P E N T I E R R T
  9. G O Y M I D F I N
  10. D U R E C T I O N

I look forward to receiving the entries and to announcing the winner in a couple of weeks time. So come on, Translation scholars: can you get there before Kirk Bevins?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment