Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mika

I know i've resolved to confine this blog principally to Translation Studies subjects rather than personal ones, but it just occurred to me that there is something music-related I need to share: Mika's new, second album, The Boy who Knew Too Much, which I treated myself to the other day, is absolutely BRILLIANT!

His first album was so fab that I thought it would be a very hard act to follow, and that his second album would therefore not be quite as brill. But he has proved me wrong, so wrong! I can't stop playing it. His current single from the album, We Are Golden, which features a children's choir, belongs to his special style of catchy, retro pop, and is trademark Mika. But my favourite track is track three, Rain, which a friend suggested to me will probably be his next single, and I would agree. It's as good as Grace Kelly, if not better.

If anything describes Mika's music in a nutshell, it is the phrase infectiously catchy. As well as the uptempo, catchy, screaming electropop, though, he also has some lovely ballads and a beautiful duet on this new album (can't remember the name of the female singer).

This will probably be my only album review on this blog. Back to Translation Studies!

No comments:

Post a Comment